Week beginning 11th November 2019
• The letter on the sound table will be ‘g’.
• On Monday, we will attend St Paul’s Church for a Service of Remembrance. On our return to school, children will draw a picture in their R.E. book and write what or who they remember when they see a red poppy.
• Throughout the week will be thinking about the story of Cinderella and use this fairy tale as a prompt to compare and discuss weddings around the world.
• Children will develop their creative talents by designing a wedding invitation, a wedding cake and fancy clothing for the bride or groom.
• Whilst looking at changes in our hyacinth bulbs we will measure the growth of the shoot and record this progress in bulb diaries.
• As Christmas draws nearer, we are busy practising for our parts in the Infant Nativity production, so we will be spending time practising our class dances and learning the songs. You will receive a letter with details about this next week.
• As the weather turns colder, children are beginning to bring in hats, gloves and scarves to wear outside. Please ensure that these are all named.
• Please could you also check that your child’s clothes are still adequately named as the labels have a funny habit of disappearing…
• Flu vaccinations are due to take place in school on Thursday 20th November.
j - two fingers jumping on the palm of the opposite hand
v - move the vacuum backwards and forwards
w - RO'C - winning arms up in the air RC - wave
x - RO'C - make and 'x' shape using arms RC - blow a kiss