• Our sound for the week will be ‘e’
• This week, we are looking at the story of ‘Pumpkin Soup’ by Helen Cooper. We will be choosing a character from the story and write a sentence about them in our writing books.
• With this story in mind, we will be making vegetable soup on Friday. Please could each child bring in one vegetable to add to the pot. Also, we would like to borrow any knives or peelers to enable us to prepare it. Please make sure any sharp blades are named and adequately covered and either give them to the member of staff on duty or put them into book bags.
• In maths, we will be counting out the correct number of pumpkin seeds to match a given numeral. As an extension, we will challenge children to add two quantities together and find the total.
• In phonics this week, children have learnt the sounds ck, e, u and r. The actions are:
ck - RC - touch neck. RO'C - click
e - pretend that your arm is an elephant's trunk!
u - point up
r - hold up claw like a lion and 'rrrr'
Individual and sibling photographs were taken by Tempest Photography on Tuesday and the proof/ order forms were sent out on Wednesday. Please return these to school as soon as possible if you wish to place an order.
Tempest are returning on Tuesday 22nd October for re-takes and for those children who were away last week.
We have sent out letters about our forthcoming parent consultation evenings that will be held after half term. If you have not seen the letter (in the photo), please contact your class teacher.
Please send in your appointment preferences as soon as possible.
There have also been letters sent out for Vision Screening tests in Reception. Again, if you haven’t received this letter, please let your class teacher know. NB You only need to respond to this letter if you DO NOT want your child’s vision to be tested in school.
We are still missing a long sleeved named shirt in RC. Please check your child's clothes this weekend.
The Year 2 book sale is NEXT Friday. All books will be £1 each. Thank you for donations to this sale.
Finally, thank you to everyone who was able to come and support the Harvest Festival in church. We were delighted to see so many friends and families and we were very proud of all the children. Thank you too for all the donations of food that we will be taking to Hereford Foodbank next week.