Week beginning 04.11.2019
• Our sound for the week will be ‘f’.
• On Monday, both classes will have a circle time for children to have an opportunity to share news from their half-term holiday. Please have a chat about some of the things that you have done over the week and feel free to put observations on Tapestry for us to share.
• As we approach Bonfire Night, we will use the app ‘Busy Things’ on the iPad to create a firework picture thinking carefully about the position of shapes. Children will also work with chalk or paint to create a firework picture.
• We will be thinking about the Hindu festival, ‘Diwali’. We will be looking at the story of Rama and Sita in guided reading groups and making diva lamps using clay.
• Please remember that whilst we are happy to hand out invitations, thank you cards and cakes for children’s birthdays, but we cannot hand out sweets.
• Appointment times for Parent Consultation Meetings will be confirmed via a letter during the first week back after half-term.
We will also be checking our bulbs and recording their progress on the next page of our bulb diary.
The new sounds in the challenge bag are: h, b, l, f, ll, ss, ff
h -huff hot breath on hand!
b- bounce ball
f - RC - sniff flower. RO'C - cross arms, rub - freezing!
l - lick a lolly
Tricky words have been added this week, these are words which children cannot sound out and must be learnt as sight words (I, to, no, go, the, into).