The world is truly a diverse and wonderful place!
- The study of Geography helps our pupils understand how the world in which we live shapes our lives, and how we in turn shape the world around us.
- At St Paul’s we aim for a high quality geography curriculum which should inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people.
- Our teaching should equip pupils with knowledge about places and people; resources in the environment; physical and human processes; and the formation and use of landscapes around the world. We also want children to develop practical geographical skills: collecting and analysing data; using maps, globes, aerial photographs and digital mapping to name and identify countries, continents and oceans; and communicating information in a variety of ways.
- We also want children to enjoy and love learning about geography by gaining this knowledge and skills, not just through experiences in the classroom, but also with the use of fieldwork and educational visits.
- We hope that in teaching in this way, our pupils become knowledgeable inhabitants of our planet, aware of its diversity and passionate about its protection.