Week beginning 10.02.2020
• The sound for the week will be ‘qu’.
• Our theme of ‘Pirates’ continues this week and children will independently design their own pirate character which will ‘come alive’ as each child writes a pirate story!
• Children will also be asked to design and paint a pirate ship for their pirate to sail over the ‘Seven Seas!’
• In maths we will play a problem solving pirate themed game and also look at 3D shapes using polydron and children will make their own treasure chest from a net.
• Pirate Party (Thursday 13th February) – a list for party food will be put out Monday afternoon. As you did at Christmas, please write your child's name next to the food choice. Pirate themed food would be amazing, see the pictures below for ideas. Children are invited to wear a pirate costume for whole day (no uniform needed).
Reporting to Parents in Reception
Years 1 to 6 will be bringing home mid-year reports at the end of this half-term. We will not be sending home a report for Reception children due to the high volume of information and observations that you receive via Tapestry.
We are, however, having Parent Consultation appointments at the same time as the rest of the school and you should have already received your appointment time for this.
As we enter the second half of the academic year, we are beginning to think about the Early Learning Goals that we are aiming for at the end of the year. We will be beginning to include some ‘Next Steps’ into the comments box underneath observations to help you to support the children’s learning at home. This will not be on every observation, but where we feel there is a specific skill or target to work on.
On the Reception area of the school website (in the folder 'Early Learning Goals') is a document called ‘What Matters When’. This gives details about the Early Learning Goals that we are working towards.
A full report will be sent home in the summer term detailing your child’s attainment against these Early Learning Goals.