Week beginning: 12th October 2020
- In the Challenge Bag this week we have added our new sounds which are ck, e & u. The actions are:
o ck – Raise hands and snap fingers as if playing castanets and say ck, ck, ck.
o e – Pretend to tap an egg on the side of a pan and crack it into the pan, saying eh, eh, eh.
o u – Pretend to be putting up an umbrella and say u, u, u, u
- We will also be learning our tricky words; the, to & and. These are words that we do not enough the children to segment and blend. They just have to know them.
- On Monday we will be taking part in Scoot fit.
- We will be practicing sounding out and blending words with our sounds.
- We will be thinking all about the number 2 and how we can represent 2 using our Number blocks. We will also be exploring pairs.
- We will continue looking at ‘Avocado Baby’ by John Burningham.
- We will be labelling our baby pictures and writing simple captions.
- We will continue looking at how we have changed. Looking at what they could and couldn’t do when they were a baby compared to now. Therefore if you haven’t already, it would be greatly appreciated if you could provide a picture of your child as a baby for them to compare.
- We will be continuing to think about Autumn and the changes we see outside during this time.
- Please ensure that children with hair below the collar need to have it tied back on P.E. days (Tuesday and Thursday) and children with pierced ears need to have their earrings removed or covered with micro-pore tape on those days. If you wish, you can send tape into school for a member of staff to cover their earrings before the lesson.
- When you bring your child to school in the morning, please encourage them to walk straight in, unless you need to give a message to whoever is on gate duty. Many thanks.