Week beginning: 23rd September 2019
• We will begin our sound table this week with ‘a’. Please have a hunt at home for objects beginning with this sound that your child can bring it into school on Monday. Please name! Objects will be returned on Friday.
• We are looking at the rhyme ‘Humpty Dumpty’ and making salt-dough Humpty plaques, building walls, balancing eggs and thinking of ideas about why Humpty fell down.
• We will be practising writing names with correct letter formation.
• All children should have brought home a reading book this weekend. Please share the book with your child and initial by the title to show that it has been shared. Feel free to write a comment if you would like to. Please note: our initial books are pictures only!
• Please be aware that children with hair below the collar need to have it tied back on P.E. days (Tuesday and Thursday) and children with pierced ears need to have their earrings removed or covered with micro-pore tape on those days. If you wish, you can send tape into school for a member of staff to cover their earrings before the lesson.
• Please ensure that all clothing and shoes are named as we have already had to name some and had some mix ups!
• We would be grateful if you could continue to encourage your child to zip up their own coat in the morning as it will help our home-time routine. Many thanks for your patience at home-time, organising thirty sets of book bags, coats, drinks and children takes a long time! We WILL get quicker!!
We have been so impressed with the confident, independent way that the children have come into school through the gate. Although there have been some tears, they have been very short-lived and all children are smiling within minutes.
Date for your diary:
Our Infant Harvest Festival is in church on Friday 18th October at 9:15am, family members are welcome to join us. We will be asking for voluntary contributions of dried and canned goods.