Week Beginning - 27th January 2020
• Our sound for the week will be ‘o’ and our theme for the week will be ‘Chinese New Year’.
• We will introduce the story of ‘Chinese New Year’, which explains how the different Chinese years were named. Children will create their own New Year card and will be shown how to do some Chinese writing.
• The children will be working in a guided reading group to find out about the customs of Chinese New Year.
• Children will be encouraged to make Chinese lanterns and individual dancing dragons.
• We would be grateful if you could send in any items which you may have at home related to Chinese New Year which we can talk about with the children and have on display.
• In maths, we will think about sharing quantities of objects into bowls with the added challenge of using chopsticks!
Pedro will be in school on Friday to help us to create a dragon dance. We would be very grateful if you could send in any outstanding contributions to cover the cost of this lovely activity.
Please could you send back the slips for parent consultations as soon as possible so that we can organise appointments.
In phonics, we have learnt:
ow - RC point down, RO'C - clutch your shoulder
oi - draw a coin on your hand
ear - point to your ear
air - wave your hands in the air