Week beginning 03.02.2020
• Our sound for the week will be ‘p’ and our theme for the week will be ‘Pirates!’.
• Our theme will be ‘Pirates’ and to introduce this we will be looking at the story of “Night Pirates”.
• The children will be looking at the different features needed to create treasure maps and designing their own authentic map!
• We will play a problem solving pirate themed game.
• Using a programmable toy called ‘bee-bot’, children will navigate the pirate around a map to find the treasure!
• As a creative activity, children will paint a pirate ship for our class display.
In phonics, we will be focusing on recognising and reading tricky words as well as revise recent digraphs and trigraphs learnt. During our sessions, we will continue to practise cursive formation.
• Actions for new sounds:
ure – hold hands giving ‘your’ box – RO’C
stir a bowl – mixture -RC
er – roll arms and pretend to be a mixer – RO’C
post a letter – RC
• Please send in any Parents’ Evening slips that have not been sent in already.
• RC Class Worship – Wednesday 5th February 2020 at 9am. All welcome.
• Thursday 13th February – Pirate Party, children are invited to wear a pirate costume should they wish to. A sign-up sheet for pirate themed party food will be available in the Reception before and after school in the week beginning 10th February.