Week Beginning: 07.10.2019
• We will have ‘c’ on the sound table this week and will be looking at the nursery rhyme ‘Twinkle, twinkle Little Star’.
• We are going to cook star biscuits and create our own versions of ‘A Starry Night’ by Van Gogh.
• In P.E. we will go on a gymnastic shape space journey!
• In challenge bag: i, n, m, d
The actions are :
i - an insect crawling up the arm
n - touch nose, scrunch nose up and say the sound nnnn
m - rub tummy and say mmmmm
• Please keep encouraging children to practise doing up their own coats and buttons at home. The practise helps us enormously on P.E. days!
• Please remember that children are not allowed to bring toys into school. They get very upset if they get lost or broken.
• For Health and Safety reasons, please do not allow children to play on the school equipment after school.
• We are still having a lot of mix-ups with clothes, especially after P.E. on Thursdays. Please ensure that all clothes are named. We cannot sort out mix-ups when identical clothes are un-named. RO'C are missing a named tie, but have an unclaimed un-named one. RC are still missing a named long-sleeved shirt (from two weeks ago!) and have an unclaimed un-named one.
In RC on Tuesday, we resorted to looking at which shop trousers had come from to try to work out which shirt might go with which child!
Dates for your diary:
Tuesday 15th October – Tempest photographers will be in school. They will be taking individual and sibling groups. If you would like to have photographs with siblings that do not attend to St Paul’s, there is an opportunity to have these taken before school.
Friday 18th October - Infant Harvest Festival - 9.15am start.
We are asking for donations of different foodstuffs in the week leading up to Harvest:
Wednesday 9th October – tins of soup
Thursday 10th – tinned veg
Friday 11th – tinned beans
Monday 14th – dried pasta
Tuesday 15th – rice, pulses
Wednesday 16th – tinned fruit
Thursday 17th – anything else!
All donations will go to Hereford Food Bank.
Thursday 24th October - Reception Muddy walk - Please see the letter on Tapestry for class times and details.