Week beginning 09.03.2020
• ‘t’ is our sound of the week.
• This week we will be looking at Nick Butterworth’s well-loved book character, ‘Percy the Park Keeper’. Our activities will be based on the story, ‘The Treasure Hunt’.
• Children will be using an app on the iPad to help recreate stories using moving pictures and will be adding their own voice over!
• Using Percy’s idea to create a treasure hunt for his friends has inspired some treasure hunting activities, children will be working together to read the clues and find the hidden treasure in the school grounds!
• Throughout the week we will be looking at the wonderful illustrations in the story, children will be shown how to draw animals and focus on each animals’ specific features.
• In maths, we will be looking at comparative measures and using balance scales as a ‘see-saw’.
• We will be using pictures from the story, cutting them out and placing them in height order.
• If you have any stories about Percy the Park Keeper, please send them in for us to share with the class.
RO'C class-led worship - Wednesday 25th March at 9:15am. Words should in the back of Reading Records.Please practise these at home!